- Shelby County Schools recommended for full district accreditation: Click the link to gain some insight into what it means and how the impending merger of SCS with Memphis City Schools is effected.
- State legislators pondering adjustments to the demanding new teacher evaluation standards: One legislator calls for a moratorium until a better system can be implemented, although as we reported, state is already considering ways to streamline the process.
- Germantown Middle School hosts "Challenge Days" meant to embrace diversity, inclusiveness and confront bullying, meanness.
- Memphis City Schools Supt. Kriner Cash will give a comprehensive presentation on the district and its teacher effectivness initiatives at today's schools merger transition commission meeting.
And as the political PR pros like to say, ICYMI (that is, In Case You Missed It):
- We ran this story Monday on the big new Central Office Building that Shelby County Schools is building and is near completion.
- Here is the full story on a study looking at teacher effectiveness programs by Jane Roberts. For the full state report, click this link here.
As always, check out our landing page for education news at bit.ly/SchoolsInTransition .